At Simcona, our team plays a key role in our success. People who succeed at Simcona all have something in common – they are customer-centric, forward thinkers, and passionate about what they do. Headquartered in Rochester, New York, we strive to build an inclusive environment that empowers everyone to do their best work.
401(k) plans & Profit sharing plan
Vacation, national holidays, and personal days
Paid family leave
Short-term & Long-term disability plan
Retirement planning assistance
Medical insurance plan
Prescription drug coverage
Dental insurance coverage
Vision insurance coverage
Employee assistance program
Free preventative care
Training & Development Opportunities
Learning doesn’t stop once you have the job – it’s key to your personal and career progression. Career benefits for you may include…
- On the job training
- Development opportunities
Panel Builder II
As a control panel builder, your responsibilities include the assembly of electrical components into a control panel for industrial machines. You primarily use hand tools like screwdrivers, wire strippers, and crimpers. It is critical that you have strong verbal communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and knowledge of safety best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control Panel Builder II assembles electrical panels according to product specifications.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Able to follow point-to-point wiring documents.
- Ability to assemble electrical panels and products using hand and power tools and other light assembly equipment.
- Maintain high attention to detail and focus.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate compliance to general workmanship standards.
- Understand NEC requirements pertaining to wire selection, ratings, and wiring methods.
- Ability to understand and follow general workmanship standards.
- Assist other employees as directed.
- Use a computer to read documents and enter quality checks.
- Makes suggestions for updates to process details utilizing the ECN process.
- Works under moderate supervision
- Possess the initiative to be self-motivated.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inspection and testing of own work and others.
- Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline.
- Populate, or replace components on different types of panels.
- Inspect wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary.
- Maintain the tools used in your work area.
- Keep a clean, safe, and well-maintained workspace.
- Adheres to all production procedures including health and safety regulations.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Required:
- High school diploma/GED with 1-3 years relative experience or equivalent. Additional specialized training or certification a plus.
Qualifications & Skills - Required:
- Requires 1-3 years of related experience.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attentive to details and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively track project deliverables.
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- High level of motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift or pull 40 lbs.
The Control Panel Builder has limited access to Company confidential information but is frequently exposed to Customer specific product and production information in the course of executing his/her duties. Confidentiality is required.
The Control Panel Builder is an individual contributor who operates under the general direction of the Supervisor of Panel Manufacturing.
While performing the duties of this job, one must be able to see, grasp hold, walk, sit, reach, climb, bend, and stretch, lift up to 40 lbs. Will spend considerable time in the production environment where temperatures fluctuate, and noise is a constant factor in the work environment.Back to Open Positions