At Simcona, our team plays a key role in our success. People who succeed at Simcona all have something in common – they are customer-centric, forward thinkers, and passionate about what they do. Headquartered in Rochester, New York, we strive to build an inclusive environment that empowers everyone to do their best work.
Training & Development Opportunities
Learning doesn’t stop once you have the job – it’s key to your personal and career progression. Career benefits for you may include…
- On the job training
- Development opportunities
Panel Builder IV
As a control panel builder, your responsibilities include the assembly of electrical components into a control panel for industrial machines. You are responsible for the assembly of complex wiring layouts on electric units, the setup of testing systems, and the preparation of panels for shipment. You primarily use hand tools like screwdrivers, wire strippers, and crimpers. Other duties include communicating problems and quality control issues to supervisors and co-workers, anticipating material and resource needs for upcoming projects, and keeping the work area clean and organized. You must be able to read electrical wire schematics and other technical drawings. You also need excellent electrical skills, and you must be able to use precision measurement tools, such as micrometers and gauges. You must know how to operate grinders, pneumatic tools, and hand tools. It is critical that you have strong verbal communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and knowledge of safety best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and demonstrates the ability to layout, wire, and read client prints and documentation.
- This level panel builder requires a proper specification for component parts, wires, and terminals as needed when a customer print does not detail these items.
- A Level 4 Control Panel Builder completes the control panel build using electrical schematics, drawings, and customer specifications without assistance.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- May work under the guidance of engineering on customer projects.
- Create documentation related to panel wiring and layout.
- Maintains records of final units as required prior to shipment.
- Maintains labor/project activity logs.
- Adheres to all production procedures including health and safety regulations.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Required:
- High school diploma/GED with 6+ years relative experience or equivalent. A technical degree is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills - Required:
- Proficient in reading 2D and 3D engineering blueprints and control schematics.
- Working knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as NEMA, NEC, UL, and IEC.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Route and bundle wires and cables neatly and according to established electrical standards.
- Check work to ensure error-free products.
- Keep red lines of any changes required during manufacturing and turn them in to the supervisor/engineer for document correction.
- Identify any wiring or drawing errors and report back to engineering for correction.
- Ability to read blueprints, technical documents, and manuals.
- Analytical skills - Problem-solving, failure analysis, (proficient understanding of mechanical mathematics).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attentive to details, and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively track project deliverables.
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- High level of motivation and problem-solving skills.
The Control Panel Builder has limited access to Company confidential information but is frequently exposed to Customer specific product and production information in the course of executing his/her duties. Confidentiality is required.
The Control Panel Builder is an individual contributor who operates under the general direction of the Supervisor of Panel Manufacturing.
While performing the duties of this job, one must be able to see, grasp hold, walk, sit, reach, climb, bend, and stretch, lift up to 40 lbs. Will spend considerable time in the production environment where temperatures fluctuate, and noise is a constant factor in the work environment.Back to Open Positions